Friday, August 22, 2008

Gale Winds


Perhaps its sheer boredom that causes me to begin a blog, or perhaps I am following the general trend of creating for myself a legacy; rather than just hoarding my thoughts, I am releasing them for all to share and partake in. This will be a random blog, because I am interested in such an eclectic amount of things and ideas, it will include any and all things that cross my mind. My hope is to not only free-think, but share experiences, and educate in the areas I feel I have the ability to.
In reference to the title of this blog: Gale Winds, that is what my life has felt like for a while now. I feel as though there is a wind from every side. They blow without warning, and sometimes with them they bring rain, or snow, warmth, or cold. Usually within these winds there are lessons that I try to take from them. Sometimes though, the winds blow so hard that I cannot retrieve these precious gifts, so instead, of my own volition, I sit and wait until the winds calm. I feel as though we too often blow through life, never retrieveing the beautiful debris that the winds carry. The Lord sends His messages daily, and we sometimes blow right on by, never stopping to think that perhaps we could be blessed by what has blown to us that day. So, I propose to myself and others, that rather than be blown over constantly, hold tight to our Rock Jesus Christ, and not only retrieve, but experience the true blessings and delight that the gale winds of life blow our way.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

GINA!!! I love you and i miss you soo much. thanks for the address to your blog i will check it all the time. I wish you were here...or i was there which ever as long as i was near you. ok buddy take care your the best Love sara miller!!!

Colleen said...

That was so beatifully written! I can understand what you mean about feeling like the are winds coming from all sides, I will be praying that God touches your life with peace! I am so glad that you started a blog, Friend!

Kennasmom3 said...

I'm glad you decided to write Georgie- you are so eloquent! And it's all so true, like a good devotional. What a great opportunity for you when you have some extra time (I wish I had some)! I hope I am one of those friends, even though I can't really visit you..I wish I could! Love, Hidi (PS. I do really love our memories, if that's all I ever had to go on)